The Weekend System

Okay, I am obviously bored and with nothing to do right now so I thought I'd right about something nobody actually cares about..


In most countries, the weekend consists of Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Isn't that awesome? Two days and two nights straight of no school...


In countries like Brunei, we have Fridays and Sundays off... It's great and all... But, our "vacation" is interrupted by school on Saturday. That's no fun.. Although I get it that boys have to go the mosque at noon on Fridays~


Why can't they just give us a really long lunch break on Fridays and we get home a little later than usual?.. There's nothing wrong with that.. At least in this way, boys can't escape from going to the mosque with teachers supervising and stuff... It's not like they can say they have cramps like girls can.. And then we have two whole days of no school to look forward to...


Then again, most teachers like to take advantage of two-day holidays to give lots of homework. Evil, evil teachers~ So maybe the whole holiday-schoolday-holiday weekend system is better?.. At least that way, we get to appreciate our occasional two-day and three-day holidays more. Also, two-day and three-day holidays equal to one extra day of no school!!! They can't take advantage of a two-day system in order to ensure we don't miss school... I mean, come on.. How much are we gonna miss in just one day?


Lots, I assure you... But it's not like we can't have extra classes or something. I don't mind.. It means less time on my computer to escape from fatal boredom and therefore less getting scolded for spending ALL my time on the computer doing things that's absolutely not relevant to my life~ It also means more time to hang out with my friends before class starts. That's not so bad..


So maybe, our weekend system ain't so bad after all... Cool!!! I love Brunei!!! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds